Learning Log 4
                   25/ 07/ 2016

         This week ,I learnt about Corpus Linguistics by Dr. Kriangkrai  Vathanaloha from Srinakarinwinrot University. He told corpus  was  a collection of words and it was  a theory and methodology of language .I knew about the history of corpus .It was created since 1897.It had two cases ; the case for introspection that focus on language competence rather than language performance .The case for empiricism which believed that introspective was artificial. Then ,I learnt about types of corpus .There were seven types of corpus (Special corpus ,General corpus, Multilingual corpus, Parallel corpus , Learner corpus ,Historical or Diachronics corpus ,monitor corpus ) .After that , he taught process in corpus linguistics .Corpus could told about frequencies ,concordances ,collocations ,keyword, distribution information  and plot that I wanted to know how did it . Corpus was a useful material that I could use to applied in my teaching in the future.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น